Saturday, March 31

Law Apprentice

Many other blawgers have been commenting on the Google searches that have lead people to find their blog. So far the best I've managed to find are (presumably) from students looking to get a standard cover letter or CV with which to gain a mini-pupillage or work experience placement at a firm of Solicitors.

However whilst searching I did come across a new Law blog: Law Apprentice - A blog that has only just started, written by an individual who has decided to deviate from his current career and become a lawyer (though is yet to start his LLB).

...Elsewhere in the blawging world, Legal Scribbles gives advice to students on choosing their third year options. His suggestion is Conflict of Laws. As a first year I know next to nothing about this subject, and won't be choosing my options until next year. That aside however, given the writings of legal scribbles on the subject it may very well be one to look out for.

The only subject that I have given any thought so far into taking in my third year is family law. I am hoping that I will catch a glimpse of family law in action over the summer- to help make up my mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link - when do you choose your options? Do you not have any non-core modules in your second year?

Law Student said...

It appears that our second year modules have already been set out for us. I didn't know that other Universities allow choice for the second year. Still, nevermind, law of business transactions sounds thrilling...

Little has been said regarding choosing options but as far as I am aware it is to be done nearing the end of the second year.