Wednesday, March 7

Time Constraints

Finding myself with a little time off during the day I have been surfing a few blogs when I should normally be reading books. I still have to read several chapters in Smith and Keenan's Company Law, but I've found myself with some time-related problems now.

At one o'clock there is a guest speaker coming to the University from a local solicitors firm explaining the process of becoming a solicitor...or to explain gaining work experience. It's not that I don't listen; there are several of these talks planned and booked at the moment and I know that I need to attend them all, so which is which isn't strictly important.

I only realised the time a few minutes ago. Taking out my phone to call a friend to remind them of the event I saw that I had gained several text messages. Strangely, from the letting agency that we are going to be renting our house from. I've not quite worked out yet why they don't just call. Apparently because we are yet to return the tenancy agreement (no-ones fault, a number of us were instructed by parents to wait until solicitors had been sought) it is now a matter of urgency that we get to the office to talk it out with them.

Not that I am intent on causing a fuss, but they have charged five of us 40 pounds each to hand us a few papers and to not let the property to somebody else; I have a talk to attend, they can wait a few hours.

No comments: