Wednesday, March 21

Success

Today a friend and I went to a presentation given by a practising female barrister. I must say that I was surprised that only fifteen students turned up for the talk in total. I have had the date for this talk on my notice board for at least three weeks and it was definitely mentioned to a lecture theatre full of students on Tuesday. As our University runs a GDL scheme that means only fifteen people out of four years of Law students actually thought the talk was worthwhile. I have sat in seminars with more people present.

I am not complaining however; the less people set on the same career ambition as myself the less people I must compete against.

Returning from the talk I was somewhat disheartened to discover three envelopes with addresses written in my handwriting on the front. The first two informed me that I had not been accepted for a mini-pupillage.

The last letter however has secured me a mini-pupillage in a London chambers during the summer.