Wednesday, March 28

First?

Lectures have all but finished for the first year of my course now. This means (rather unusually) I am sitting indoors working. Working is not strictly the correct word to use, but it better describes what I am doing than 'not working'. I am currently at my desk working out what percentages I need in my exams to attain different degree classes. So far I have worked out only a couple of subjects. My chances of gaining a first for the year seem somewhat impossible, what with my requiring almost full marks on one paper. I would like to qualify that statement by telling my readers that the moots were worth 40% of this particular unit, and my moot team were less than helpful - I may have mentioned before that when organising the moot our senior counsel remarked 'I hope no-one is expecting us to do well'.

I don't actually expect to come away from the year with a first. A 2:1 would be fine for my first year. Having said that it if there is a chance that I can attain a first I will endeavour to do all that I can.

No comments: