Tuesday, March 6

Why turn up?

This morning I sat through a few lectures where the subject-matter was such that the topic demanded my full attention, without which I would rather quickly become lost. It was for this reason that I started to get more and more irrate as the group behind me would not stop talking. Now I'm not normally one to start saying 'We're here to learn'. However being honest with myself and not caring what it makes me sound like, I am here to learn. What I don't need is for the people behind me to giggle, hum, sing and generally disrupt my learning experience. How they didn't manage to realise that half a dozen others were scowling at them is beyond me.

I'm off for more lectures. Fortunately no-one turns up for these ones and if I'm lucky I'll have an entire row to myself with no distractions.

- Also I've finally succumb and upgraded to the new blogger.

Edit - I was correct in thinking that there would be less distraction at this afternoon's lecture. I managed to follow what was the lecturer was explaining, and with no interruptions. It was a shame when she informed us that the topic was highly unlikely to appear on the exam...

No comments: