Tuesday, April 3

Lawyer-2-Be

I have just listened to Charon QC interviewing Lawyer-2-Be for Charon QC's podcast. Having been reading both their blogs for some time I found it very interesting. For those interested in a career at the Bar that have not seen Lawyer-2-Be's blog I strongly recommend it.


....Easter break has arrived. Much unlike most of my friends who will find themselves with an awful lot of free-time, I now have a large amount of work to do. Rather unexpectedly those of my friends who study media, sport or design have no exams this year. If not for the fact that I actively enjoy reading about law I might have found myself saying 'It's not fair'.

I've so far been unable to decide whether a law degree is harder than any other degree. However it certainly seems that this is the perception many people hold. For a time, fellow students that I met on social occasions would ask what course it is that I study, I would reply only to be met with an expression I will describe as 'Ooh that's a bit fancy'. Thankfully this is a much rarer occurrence now. For some unknown reason our Law Society is not holding a Ball or Function (as far as I am aware) this year, so I have had to resign myself to attending the Forensic Science Society Ball instead, and I am looking forward to meeting people who will have a mild understanding of my degree.

My only worry about the Ball is that one of my date's friends will have brought along a Medicine student and I will lose my spot as the most arrogant man present.

No comments: