Monday, February 19

Reading Week

For the second time since my arrival I have found myself starting a week without lectures and seminars - the aptly titled 'Reading Week'. There is little Law learning to post about today. I am still struggling through the series of folders that mark the amassed collective of lectures that I have attended through out the year. Hopefully, with no need (technically) for me to leave my apartment over the next week I shall have enough time to make such a dent in my work that it will only take another week to complete. That's just as well, as I now have almost exactly two months until my three week period of exams commences.

As a minor piece of Law with which to tempt the readers of my blog; On Wednesday I attended a (non-compulsory) seminar on the role of National Parliaments and the European Constitution presented by Professor The Lord Norton of Louth. The 'seminar' was attended (unsurprisingly) by few of my peers and several more mature individuals. I cannot recall a word of the seminar as, directly after a quip was made about how many titles His Lordship has, my brain turned to what can only be referred to as 'mush'. After an hour, when the floor was opened up to questions, a few friends and I made our escape.

Pity I didn't notice before I vacated my seat that the head of Law was sitting directly behind us.

2 comments:

BabyBarista said...

Really like the blog. I've added a link on my own which is a fictional diary of a pupil barrister. Cross links much appreciated though no worries if not. Best wishes, BabyBarista

Law Student said...

I've returned the compliment and added a link back. I have already been reading your blog. It's taken a while to get through all 98 entries but that's what sunday afternoons are for.