Sunday, February 25

Constantly Overthinking?

During the past week my future housemates and I collected our tenancy agreements from the letting agency. Two of us are law students, and therefore cared more about reading the contract in it's entirety. One sub-clause of the contract stated that signing the contract would show our intention to be bound by the terms of certain Tenancy and Housing Acts. It should be noted here that the letting agency is used to dealing primarily with students and took the rather helpful action of following each sub-clause with a brief summary of what the sub-clause actually meant in plain English.

Upon reading this sub-clause the part of my brain that has been soaking up legal knowledge this past 5 months or so began it's internal musing;
If the summary of the Housing Acts is wrong would that amount to an effective misprepresentation based on a false statement of Law?

It's not whether I was right or wrong in my thinking that bothers me, it is more that I seem to keep anaylsing situations using what I have been learning. I wonder if this will be a practise that I will continue for the length of my stay in the legal field?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most certainly. Law degrees, in part, are designed to train your mind to think differently.

It's when you start to critically analyse the words on a bottle of Becks that you should become slightly concerned.