Wednesday, February 21

Enthusiasm

I have recently been reading Legally Blonde in London. The enthusiasm that eminates from her postings is really something to be admired. It has made me wonder if I could create my own enthusiasm. It's not as if I don't like my course (that would be quite a bad idea as I intend to make a career of it), I do, studying law is very interesting. I just feel that I don't have enough 'get-up-and-go'. It sounds like she'd stop at nothing to get a distinction from her law school.

Can you force yourself to act like that - not accept second best and have the need to always be better than your peers? Is it built in or can you condition yourself over time to be that way? I get the feeling that this is what I need to become to succeed.

People lie and act almost constantly, it can't be too hard to act like I actually care about beating everyone else.

2 comments:

Meg said...

The term you want is 'fake it till you make it'.

It's what I've been practising since I started at Gotham Library (one's BSc is in something related but not actually close enough) and it seems to be working. I've got my MSc place, at the very least.

Susie Law School said...

Aww I'm so touched!! I'm glad I at least inspire someone to some degree...

I'm sure you can fake it, if you're already interested in the subject then there is nothing to stop you tricking yourself that you love love love it! It's all about discipline.

Good luck!

S. x